WHY NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER?
For one to understand the best Keto New England Clam Chowder for Cavemen, it is important for one to first understand the ingredients of the Keto Clam Chowder, how made and the low number of carbohydrates per delicious serving whether one is practicing The Best Keto Diet Plan for Beginners or otherwise.
This is because an ordinary Clam Chowder recipe is loaded with high carbs and delivers a shocking amount of high glycemic carbohydrates per meal.
HISTORY OF NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
It was in the 18th century that New England Clam Chowder was invented.
It is mainly comprised of clams, broth, butter, potatoes, and onions.
The different types of Chowder arose when those on one side of Penobscot Bay liked their Clam Chowder to be made with tomatoes, while those on the other side liked it made with milk and no tomatoes which is now known as New England Clam Chowder.
THE ADVANTAGE OF MAKING THE CHOWDER WITH CAULIFLOWER VS POTATOES
As explained, an ordinary New England Clam Chowder uses high carb potatoes which lead to Insulin Resistance whereas the Keto Clam Chowder uses the healthy Cauliflower.
Some of the amazing health benefits provided by delicious Cauliflower are that it:
- Keeps one’s bones healthy. Cauliflower contains vitamin C, which helps with collagen production and vitamin K, which may help prevent bone loss
- Helps the body detox from harmful substances
- Contains Indole-3-carbinol, a phytonutrient that has been shown to aid the liver in its detox functions
- Is valuable in reducing one’s blood pressure
- Boosts HDL cholesterol (the good kind) levels and lowers blood pressure
- Strengthens one’s immune system and helps reduce the risk of cancer
- Has anti inflammatory properties
- Helps protect cells from DNA damage and may also help inactivate carcinogens
- Is filling and reduces one’s cravings
- Prevents Oxidative Stress
- Prevents Stomach Disorders
- Cauliflower is a source of dietary fiber that aids in digestion
- Promotes the elimination of toxins from the body
- Combats disorders such as stomach ulcers and colon cancer
- Enhances Iron absorption
- Helps prevent Macular Degeneration
- Enhances hair growth and its health
- Promotes Healthy skin
- Treats Respiratory Problems
- Treats Nervous Disorders
- Helps Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Prevents hardening of the arteries
- Maintains Electrolyte Balance
- Promotes a healthy nervous system
- Is rich in antioxidants and immune-strengthening nutrients
- Inhibits various infections
- Strengthens the defense mechanisms of the body
- Decreases disease-causing inflammation
- Prevents Obesity and helps in the stimulation of fat-burning thermogenesis
- Aids in weight loss
- Controls Diabetes
- Combats high blood sugar in the body
- Enhances the tolerance of glucose in patients with gestational diabetes
- Heals Colitis
- Has a healing effect on the damage incurred in colon tissues and the colon epithelium
- Prevents Stroke
- Aids in the cleansing of the liver and the blood.
MANUFACTURING OF THE BEST KETO NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
1. CAVEWONAN”S TOOLS NEEDED
- Chopping chef’s knife
- Measuring cup
- Tablespoon measurer
- Teaspoon measurer
- Digital timer
- Cast Iron skillet
- Roasting pan
- Large saucepan
- Large stirring spoon
- Soup bowls
- Soup Spoons
2. INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 liter clam juice
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup chopped clams
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 6 leaves fresh tarragon herb
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup green onions
3. DETAILED MANUFACTURING INSTRUCTIONS
- Cook the bacon and set aside
- Preheat oven to 300F/149C
- Take cauliflower and chop into small pieces
- The small cauliflower crumbly florets need to be discarded and saved for other recipes which are listed at Keto Longevity under “Keto Recipes”
- Note: Make sure all the small cauliflower crumbs are removed
- Try to use mostly the cauliflower stem parts while making sure they do not crumble
- Put the Califlower into the roasting pan
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Bake the Cauliflower in the roasting pan in the oven at 300F/149C for 15-20 minutes, making sure it becomes slightly browned/caramelized
- Pour only the 1 liter of clam juice into the large saucepan while the cauliflower is in the oven
- Note, make sure the clams are kept out of the saucepan
- Place the saucepan with the 1 liter of just clam juice on the stove to start reducing it under high heat
- Continue the clam juice reduction until only 1/3 of the original amount remains
- Take the celery, wash it and chop into small pieces
- Add the celery to the reduced clam juice
- Take the cooked bacon and also chop it into small pieces
- Add the chopped up bacon into the clam juice
- Add the onion powder into the clam juice
- Add the bay leaves into the clam juice
- Chop up tarragon and add to clam juice
- When done the cauliflower should be taken out of the oven and placed aside
- After the clam juice is finally reduced to its targeted 1/3 volume then add the clams, the cauliflower, the heavy cream, and the butter
- Bring the resultant mixture to a boil for 1/2 a minute
- Then the clam juice mixture should be removed from the stove
- Let mixture cool for 15 minutes
- The bay leaves then need to be completely removed
- Take the 1tsp of xantham gum and thoroughly mix with 1 tsp of olive oil
- Stir the xantham/olive oil mixture into the chowder
- Bring the resultant mixture to a rolling boil for about 30 seconds while continually stirring until it appears to be thick
- Take the cracked black pepper and add to one’s taste
- Spoon the completed Keto Clam Chowder mixture and place in serving bowls while hot
- Sprinkle chopped green onions on top of hot Clam chowder bowls
- Deliver to salavating cavewoman and cavemen.
THE AMAZING NUTRITION VALUES OF THE BEST KETO NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
This delicious Keto Clam Chowder has amazing nutritional value
The nutritional values for each of the Five (5) Servings are:
- Total Carbs 11g 27.5%
- Fat 18g 45%
- Protein 11g 27.5%
- Fiber Carbs 4g
- Net Carbs 7g
- Calories 230
Enjoy and eat the Caveman Keto Clam Chowder meal with the peace of mind that one has not destroyed one’s healthy state of ketosis.
And, with the knowledge that the Keto Chowder is a very healthy meal.
Every bite will be health enhancing!
WHAT HAS ONE SACRIFICED?
In a word, “nothing” is sacrificed!
Because harmful high carbohydrate meals are notorious for causing a huge Insulin Response one is not subjected to this bad effect.
The Insulin Response will insure that one’s belly fat enjoys and eats one’s Keto Chowder meal.
Due to the power of the hormone Insulin, one’s belly will steal one’s high carb regular Chowdermeal as explained in the “How To Amazingly Lose Belly Fat Fast, With No Hunger?“ post.
Insulin is why fat people get hungry even though they have a belly full of calories that they cannot use for energy.
Insulin drives fat into the body and prevents the body from releasing it for energy.
Further, this is why ordinary Clam Chowder soups are equated with gaining weight and causing a fat belly.
BEAUTY OF THIS BEST KETO NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
The beauty of this outstanding must use Keto recipe is twofold:
Firstly, it allows one to enjoy the pleasure of eating a Keto New England Clam Chowder while obtaining the health benefits of its contents.
And secondly, it demonstrates that sacrifices made by one on The Ketogenic Diet for Healthy Longevity are not necessary, as they can be offset by equally pleasurable healthy products such as this New England Clam Chowder.
Also, DISCOVER: What’s The CBD Oil That Is Amazing With Keto Or Alone?, and check out pricing now and grab while still On Sale!
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. No statements herein have been approved by the FDA.
POST A COMMENT BELOW, PLUS RECEIVE A FREE NEWSLETTER
Please advise below any comments and/or questions you have regarding this post, including reviewed products.
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity.com site
Your e-Mail will be answered in a prompt manner.
Twitter: Ted at Twitter