WHY SMOKED SALMON DIP FOR KETO LONGEVITY?
For one to understand the best Smoked Salmon dip for Keto longevity, it is important for one to understand the ingredients of the Smoked Salmon Dip with its Celery accessory, how made and the low number of carbohydrates per delicious serving contained, whether one is living The Ketogenic Diet For Healthy Longevity or otherwise.
This is because the ordinary Smoked Salmon dip including its normal accessory items used to place one’s dip on is loaded with very high glycemic carbohydrates/sugars.
OBEYING THE THREE KETOGENIC RULES
As pointed out in both The Best Keto Diet Plan For Beginners as well as The Ketogenic Diet For Healthy Longevity, posts there are three essential rules one must follow to easily stay on the Keto lifestyle.
The three main rules for the Ketogenic Diet are:
1. “Never Go Hungry”,
2. “Do Not Eat If Not Hungry”, and
3. “Always have a few Ketogenic friendly foods readily available”, for if and when one gets hungry.
This Smoked Salmon dip recipe strongly addresses the third rule in that it is important to have a great snack available that is very low Carb and which will quench a hunger incident while at the same time being very healthy.
Having this dip readily available is very important because one will not go to an unhealthy non Ketogenic food just because one is hungry and does not have a Ketogenic friendly food or snack readily available.
HISTORY OF SMOKED SALMON DIP
There seems to be no exact record as to when a Smoked Salmon dip recipe emerged, which is perfect for a number of reasons such as snacking, entertaining, TV (Super Bowl), etc.
A smoked Salmon dip is perfect for Saturday night guests, Sunday morning brunch, or any time in between.
The smoking of Salmon arose as a preparation of the Salmon, typically a fillet which has been cured and hot or cold smoked.
Due to its moderately high price, Smoked Salmon is now considered a delicacy.
THE ADVANTAGE OF SNACKING WITH THIS SMOKED SALMON DIP WITH CELERY VS STANDARD CRACKERS OR CHIPS
Salmon is well known as one of the best sources of cardiovascular and overall health due to the Omega 3 essential fatty acids it delivers.
However, when one combines this dip with crackers, bagels or the like one is counteracting the great Salmon effect with the high glycemic items that are used with the dip.
Therefore, by instead using Celery to place the dip on, one is using a great product, which as its analysis shows below is also quite healthy in itself.
1. CAVEWONAN’S TOOLS NEEDED
– Food Processor: The food processor that is head and shoulders above the other food processors and that one should GET and ADD TO CART is the HAMILTON BEACH 70725A 12-Cup Stack & Snap Food Processor and Vegetable Chopper, Black while still ON SALE.
Its outstanding features are:
- PREP THE FRESHEST INGREDIENTS. A powerful 450 watt motor and 2 speeds plus pulse control save you time and money.
- SIMPLE TO ASSEMBLE AND USE. Stack & Snap design requires no difficult twisting or locking. A simple function guide is printed on the food processor for ease of use.
- 12 CUP CAPACITY. Sealed bowl helps prevent leaks when mixing liquids.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES. S-blade and reversible slice/shred disc chop, slice, shred, mix and puree just about anything.
- LARGE FEED CHUTE. Big Mouth feed chute fits whole foods for quick, easy processing and less prep time.
- Simple function guide shows you which blade to use & which button to press.
– Teaspoon Measurer
– Dip Bowl
– Knives for spreading
2. INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- 8 ounces Smoked Salmon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Celery Stalks, in amount depending on the number of guests
– Combine in the food processor, fitted with a metal blade:
- Cream cheese,
- Sour cream,
- Lemon juice,
- Capers, and
– Pulse until well blended
- Smoked Salmon
– Pulse, until the Smoked Salmon is finely chopped while scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary
– Add up to 1/4 tsp of salt depending on taste
– Note: The Smoked Salmon spread can be easily made ahead of serving and then refrigerated.
But, since the Salmon in the spread will get very firm, the spread should be set out prior to serving such that it reaches room temperature.
This will allow it to become soft and also easy to scoop out.
If served cold it will be very difficult to scoop.
– Wash Celery
ANALYSIS OF SMOKED SALMON DIP WITH CELERY
1. Smoked Salmon Dip Nutritional Facts And Benefits
Smoked Salmon has an excellent Keto percentage allocation ratio of fat, protein, and carbs.
Wild Salmon is always preferred over farm raised Salmon!
The Salmon nutrition profile makes it one of the world’s most healthy foods.
It is high in a number of important vitamins and minerals.
Salmon boasts many benefits for the entire body, largely thanks to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
The breakdown for the Smoked Salmon in a 4oz serving is as follows:
- Fat 21g 65%
- Protein 9g 28%
- Carbs 2.5g 7%
- Fiber 0
- Calories 228
Salmon is a popular food and is classified as an oily fish,
Salmon is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, and is therefore considered to be very healthy.
It contains the following vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B-6
Some of Salmon’s major benefits are:
- Promotes Heart Health
- Promotes Cardiovascular health
- High in Vitamin D
- Boosts Brain Function
- Improves Bone Health
- Enhances Eyesight
- Optimizes Skin Health
- May Prevent ADHD in Children
- Fights Cancer Development
2. Celery Nutritional Facts
Celery is very low in calories and carbohydrates.
One medium stalk contains a mere 6 calories and 1.2 grams of carbohydrate.
It is an excellent source of antioxidants and beneficial enzymes.
Additionally, it contains important vitamins and minerals, such as:
- Vitamin K,
- Vitamin C,
- Folate and
- Vitamin B6.
Half of the carbohydrate content in Celery comes from fiber, making it a very good source of fiber.
The high fiber content of Celery then reduces its net carb content down to just 1.25 net carbohydrates.
3 The Eliminated Cracker and Bagel Carbohydrates Facts
By eliminating Crackers, Bagels and the like, one does not consume the following:
- Just 5 crackers contain 10 grams of unhealthy carbohydrate, and
- One bagel contains 48 grams of unhealthy carbohydrate.
Enjoy and snack on this great Smoked Salmon dip plus Celery with the peace of mind that one has not destroyed one’s state of ketosis and health with a large amount of unhealthy carbohydrates/sugars.
And, one will have the knowledge that this dip is a very healthy snack.
Every bite is health and longevity enhancing!
WHAT HAS ONE SACRIFICED?
In a word, “nothing” is sacrificed!
Because harmful high carbohydrate meals are notorious for causing a huge Insulin Response, one is NOT subjected to this bad effect.
An Insulin Response will ensure that one’s belly fat enjoys and eats a non-Keto ordinary meal.
Due to the power of the hormone Insulin, one’s belly will steal one’s high carb ordinary Smoked Salmon dip as explained in “How to Amazingly Lose Belly Fat With No Hunger”.
Insulin is why fat people get hungry even though they have a belly full of calories that they cannot use for energy.
Insulin drives fat into the body and prevents the body from releasing it for one’s energy supply.
Further, this is why ordinary dips are equated with gaining weight and causing a fat belly increase.
BEAUTY OF THIS SMOKED SALMON DIP
The beauty of this Caveman Keto recipe for the best Smoked Salmon dip is twofold:
Firstly, it allows one to enjoy the pleasure of eating while obtaining the health benefits of its contents.
And secondly, it demonstrates that sacrifices made by one on The Best Keto Plan Diet for Beginners are not necessary, as they can be offset by equally pleasurable healthy products such as this Smoked Salmon dip recipe..
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. No statements herein have been approved by the FDA.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Please advise below any comments and/or questions you have regarding this post, including reviewed products.
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity.com site
Your e-Mail will be answered in a prompt manner.
Twitter: Ted at Twitter