WHAT IS A pH BALANCED KETO DIET?
Anyone who has been striving to practice a pH balanced diet plan on Keto can now do such as explained herein.
But first, it is important for one to understand why a pH balanced diet is preferred by balancing acidic and alkaline foods as well as the difference between the two food types when one is practicing The Keto Diet For Beginners or otherwise.
WHAT ARE THE KETO DIET REQUIREMENTS?
For one to remain on the Keto diet for all the health benefits explained in The Keto Diet For Health and Longevity there are certain requirements.
The main food consumption ratio goals of the Keto Diet are:
- Fats 80%
- Protein 15%
- Carbohydrates 5%
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ALKALINE AND ACIDIC DIET?
The acidity and alkalinity of one’s diet is base on a pH scale.
The term pH is defined as a measure of hydrogen ion concentration.
It is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution.
The pH scale usually ranges from 0 to 14 with 0 being the highest amount of acidity with the highest hydrogen ion concentration.
A pH of less than 7 is acidic, while a pH greater than 7 is referred to as basic or alkaline.
The term “pH” is an abbreviation for “power of hydrogen” with its chemical equation being “pH = -log[H+]”
A pH of 7 is a neutral pH in that it is neither acid or alkaline.
Foods and beverages can be divided into the two groups of Acidic with a pH of below 7 and Alkaline with a pH of above 7.
The normal pH of human blood is 7.35 – 7.45, which is slightly alkaline.
When the pH in the body increases or decreases from the normal pH, it can lead to many symptoms and diseases.
WHAT ARE THE KETO DIET ACIDIC FOODS AND BEVERAGES?
On the Keto Diet, it is easy to overemphasize the Acidic foods and drinks.
Some of the main acidic food and drinks are as follows:
Meats are high in protein and very nutritious.
The organic free range meats are preferred.
Although heavy whipping creams are compatible with the Keto diet they are still acidic.
Nut milk such as almond or coconut milk is less acidifying milk alternatives to dairy.
One should look for organic, cage-free variety, eggs as they will be higher in nutrients and contain more of its great nutrients.
Most nuts are acidic as listed below while the almond nut is alkaline.
Beans should be considered as acidic.
Alcohol is acidic.
Drinking wine or liquor is preferred as Beer is way too high in carbs.
Oils are acidic though some are very healthy.
Coffee is acidic and one can use whipping cream to make it somewhat less acidic.
Most fats are acidic.
The very healthy Coconut oil is acidic if it is formed by a heating process, but if not formed by heating then it is alkaline.
A great cold pressed, not heated, Coconut Oil that is not acidic is the Carrington Organic Coconut Oil.
WHAT ARE KETO FRIENDLY ALKALINE FOODS AND BEVERAGES?
Alkaline-forming foods include nearly all vegetables and fruits, many nuts and seeds, and spices.
However, most fruits need to be excluded because of their high carbohydrate content.
The one exception to this is the Avocado fruit which is an excellent Keto food with a low carbohydrate content.
Alfalfa sprouts, artichokes, asparagus, bamboo shoots, green, lima, wax, string beans, beets, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, celery, cauliflower, chard, chicory, corn, cucumber, dill, dulse, eggplant, endive, escarole, garlic, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, onions, and parsley are all great alkaline choices.
Almonds are the only nut that is considered very alkaline.
- Almond Milk. It may be called milk, but you won’t find this delicious drink down the dairy aisle.
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice
- Coconut Water
- Herbal Tea
- Alkaline Water
- COLLOIDAL SILVER SilverLungs Solutions are also highly alkaline.
Colloidal Silver solutions have the following amazing benefits:
- The SilverLungs Generator produces extremely high pH Colloidal Silver solution at a pH of 10.
- Note: There are many water alkalizing machines and high pH water brands on the market, yet most only provide average pH levels of 7.5 to 8.5.
- The colloidal Silver generator produces much higher amounts of alkaline solution since its product has a pH of 10.
- It takes 200 ounces of 8 pH water produced by an alkaline machine to equate to only 2 ounces of the Colloidal Silver 10 pH solution.
- The reason being is that the pH measurement scale is logarithmic and as a result, each whole number pH value above the previous is ten times more alkaline than the previous lower whole number value.
- The SilverLungs (pH) colloidal silver generator is not only a professional class colloidal/ionic silver production system but also a high potency alkaline water production system requiring no maintenance nor replacements parts.
- The SilverLungs (pH) colloidal silver generator will produce well over four thousand liters of high alkaline pure colloidal/ionic silver solution using the original set of pure silver electrodes creating a truly maintenance-free, one-time investment!
WHY ARE ALKALINE FOODS NEEDED ON KETO?
The best way to neutralize the negative effects of acidic foods is to eat plenty of alkaline foods
But since it is important to stay within the Keto food percentages, the go-to alkaline food is vegetables since almost all fruits, with the exception of the Avocado, also contain much higher amounts of carbohydrates.
In addition to being alkaline, vegetables provide one’s body with the essential vitamins and minerals required for health that are used as buffers against acid forming foods.
Plus, they provide much-needed fiber.
WHY CAN ALKALINE VEGGIES GO WITH KETO?
The perceived problem that one encounters is that the Keto formula allows only 5% carbohydrates for one to practice the Keto Diet.
It is important to note that Fiber does not affect one’s blood sugar levels.
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body does not digest, so one should subtract the grams of fiber from the total Carbohydrate.
On Nutrition Facts food labels, the grams of dietary fiber are already included in the total carbohydrate count.
However, since Net Carbs are the carbs that one’s body processes and uses for energy, one needs to count only Net Carbs.
If one is on a low-carb, Keto Diet, it’s essential that you know how to calculate Net Carbs.
Fibers don’t count as Net Carbs because they pass through one’s digestion without breaking down.
This means your body doesn’t utilize them.
Take as an example the vegetable Cauliflower:
Cauliflower is rich in fiber, which is a type of carbohydrate.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Nutrient Data Laboratory, 1 cup of raw or cooked cauliflower contains about 5 grams of carbohydrates.
Of the 5 grams of carbs present in 1 cup of cauliflower, 2 of those grams of carbs are from fiber, thus 1 cup of Cauliflower only contains 3 net carbs.
Additionally, the fiber content of vegetables is very healthy and needed for one’s gut and microbiome because the Keto acidic foods are very low in fiber.
SYMPTOMS OF BEING TOO ACIDIC
In addition to the long-term conditions that can result from being too acidic, there are short-term symptoms that may also suggest one’s body is more on the acidic end of the pH scale.
These symptoms include:
Anxiety and depression
Brain fog or confusion
Digestive issues such as bloating
BODY”S PROTECTION FOR ACIDIC IMBALANCE
One’s body is quite good a maintaining Homeostasis.
Homeostasis is the body’s tendency toward maintaining a relatively stable equilibrium and balance, especially as it relates to one’s physiology..
Thus, one’s body’s buffering system tightly regulates blood pH in a process known as acid-base homeostasis.
Examples of buffers include calcium stored in bone, proteins, or other mechanisms by which the body resists pH changes in the bloodstream.
A blood pH level that falls below pH 7.35 indicates a severe problem with lung or kidney function.
This condition, termed acidosis, causes a buildup of acid in the tissues and fluids and can be fatal if left untreated.
The alkaline diet is a healthy alternative that may work due more to the emphasis on consuming plants and limiting processed foods than to changing the body’s pH.
A plant-heavy diet with reduced refined sugar intake has many health benefits and may reduce daily issues and lower the possibility of certain long-term health risks.
Such relative homeostasis mechanisms the body uses to maintain acid-base balance are;
- Respiratory compensation: Breathing rate increases when acid levels are high. This breaks down the carbonic acid in the blood to water and carbon dioxide or CO2. The process, including the exhalation of the CO2, returns blood pH to normal levels.
- Renal compensation: The kidneys produce bicarbonate ions, which neutralize acid within the blood.
These two mechanisms are very effective at balancing acids and bases
HOME TESTING FOR pH
Although pH blood testing is not available for home testing, uring and saliva pH home testing is available.
The normal pH values that one can test for at home are:
Normal Urine pH:
According to the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, the average value for urine pH is 6.0, with a range from 4.5 to 8.0. Urine under 5.0 is acidic, and urine higher than 8.0 is alkaline, or basic.
Normal Saliva pH:
The normal pH values of Saliva range from 6.2 to 7.6.
About this product:
- QUALITY TESTING: pH Test Strips Urine and Saliva. Quality, Accurate Urinalysis pH Litmus Test Strips
- MONITOR YOUR HEALTH: Check Your Body pH Daily. Monitor Your Health for Early Indications of Disease
- DIET TESTING: Test Your Body’s pH and Measure Alkalinity and Acidity of the Foods You Eat
- GET MORE pH STRIPS: You get 200 Quality Urine Strips to Last you Longer. Money Back Guarantee
- pH GUIDE INCLUDED: Detailed pH Informational Booklet and Quick Guide with Easy Instructions for Use
HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE STILL IN KETO WITH VEGGIES
The KETO-MOJO is the best home testing device on the market as it is an excellent device that gives a fast and accurate reading to one regarding one’s blood levels of Ketone and Glucose.
These amazing Keto-Mojo test strips give very fast and accurate readings for both one’s Ketone and Glucose levels.
This Special kit includes the Keto-Mojo Ketone and Glucose Meter, 10 ketone and 10 glucose strips, and an accessory bag with a lancet device and 10 lancets.
About this product:
– By using the Ketone Strips, the Keto-Mojo monitor displays one’s Blood Ketone level.
One is considered to be burning fat and in Ketosis with a reading of 0.5 to 5.0.
– By Using the Glucose Strips, the Keto-Mojo monitor quickly displays the three key blood Glucose levels.
- Glucose…..optimum for fasting should be in 90 range. A fasting blood sugar level less than 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L) is normal. A fasting blood sugar level from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 6.9 mmol/L) is considered prediabetes. Blood Glucose is commonly considered too high if it is higher than 130 mg/dl before a meal or higher than 180 mg/dl two hours after the first bite of a meal.
- Hematocrit*….optimum should be between approximately 45% to 52% for men and 37% to 48% for women, and
- Hemoglobin*…The normal range for hemoglobin is: For men, 13.5 to 17.5 grams per deciliter. For women, 12.0 to 15.5 grams per deciliter.
The Keto-Mojo product is FDA Approved for its outstanding accuracy for both Ketone Levels and Glucose Levels, but not for its Hematocrit and Hemoglobin accuracy.
*It should not be used or relied on for diagnosis and/or treatment due to its Hematocrit or Hemoglobin readings.
Also, it comes with a full Lifetime Guarantee.
Further one can watch the following quick and simple YouTube demonstration: Testing Demonstration with your Keto-Mojo Meter.
IMPORTANCE OF A pH BALANCED DIET PLAN
It is important for one to strive for and practice a pH balanced diet plan on Keto.
This can now be achieved as explained herein because one needs to understand why a pH balanced diet is very healthy for one practicing The Keto Diet for Health And Longevity.
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. No Statements herein are approved by the FDA.
COMMENTS, CONCERNS, AND QUESTIONS PLEASE
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Please, post your comments along with any questions you have regarding this post and/or site.
Plus, via e-Mail request, you can receive FREE HEALTH CARE CONSULTATION for your concerns/questions.
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity.com Site
Your e-Mail will be answered in a prompt manner.
Twitter: Ted at Twitter