WHAT IS CURCUMIN?
For one to understand about Curcumin and pain relief it important for one to understand what is Curcumin whether one is enjoying The Ketogenic Diet For Healthy Longevity or otherwise.
Curcumin has been shown to be safe and also superior to the many dangerous and unsafe products referenced below.
The polyphenol Curcumin is the main active ingredient in the herbal remedy and dietary spice Turmeric (Curcuma longa Linn).
Curcumin has many amazing properties to offer.
Not only are the pain relieving benefits of Curcumin outstanding but it provides many outstanding healing and protection properties.
Thus, Curcumin has a very wide range of beneficial properties which it provides without dangerous side effects of the pharmaceuticals.
HISTORY OF CURCUMIN
The discovery and history of Curcumin goes back for at least 2,000 years.
Records of its use are quite apparent in Chinese and Indian medical use.
It was crushed into a powder and used in Asia for many applications including cookery, medicine, cosmetics, and even fabric dyeing.
In the 14th century, European explorers to the continent of Asia introduced this to the Western world.
In 1842, Curcumin was first isolated by Vogel and structurally characterized by Lampe and Milobedeska in 1910.
It was synthesized and confirmed in 1913.
Recently the interest and uses of Curcumin for its health benefits have exploded.
BENEFITS OF CURCUMIN, TURMERIC’S ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Curcumin has many very amazing benefits.
Some of these amazing benefits are:
- Pain Relief: Its pain relief is greater than that of Tylenol and with no dangerous side effects.
- Infections: Turmeric paste is used to treat common eye infections, and to dress wounds, treat bites, burns, acne and various skin diseases.
- Band-Aids: The American pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson even makes Turmeric Band-Aids™ for the Indian market.
- As a tonic: It is in fresh Turmeric paste with powder of dried ginger roots and honey in a glass of hot milk to drink twice daily after childbirth.
- Child Birth: Turmeric is also applied to the perineum to aid in the healing of any lacerations in the birth canal.
- Respiratory ailments: Powdered Turmeric is taken with boiled milk to cure cough and related respiratory ailments.
- Dental: It is used to treat dental diseases.
- Digestive: It is used for digestive disorders such as dyspepsia and acidity, indigestion, flatulence, ulcers.
- Hallucinatory effects: It is used to alleviate the hallucinatory effects of hashish and other psychotropic drugs.
- Anti-inflammatory action: It has a strong ability to suppress acute and chronic inflammation
- Antioxidant: Its antioxidant properties are very strong.
- Cancer: Curcumin evidences very strong chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic activity. Curcumin inhibits cancer development and progression, targeting multiple steps in the pathway to malignancy. Curcumin has acted as both a blocking agent, inhibiting the initiation step of cancer by preventing carcinogen activation, and as a suppressing agent, inhibiting malignant cell proliferation during promotion and progression of carcinogenesis. Several animal studies have shown that Curcumin has a dose-dependent chemopreventive effect in the colon, duodenal, stomach, esophageal and oral carcinogenesis. Curcumin reduces tumors. Further, it enhances the activity of other anti-neoplastic agents, in part by inhibiting pathways that lead to treatment resistance. And, it reduces the probability of Metastasis.
- Body Weight: It has been shown to reduce obesity. It is thought that the reduction in body weight is due to a decreased concentration of serum triglycerides.
- Toxicity: Curcurmin evidences no toxicity effects as does Tylenol.
In addition to Tylenol providing pain relief product which is inferior to that of Curcumin, Tylenol is often referred to as “the most dangerous drug in America”.
An estimated 50 million Americans use Acetaminophen (Tylenol) each week to treat conditions such as pain, fever and aches and pains associated with cold and flu symptoms.
Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause for calls to Poison Control Centers which amounts to over 100,000 calls per year in the US alone.
Further, it accounts for an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year.
Acetaminophen seems to be in almost every medication as it accounts for more than 1 billion US dollars in just annual sales for just the Tylenol brand.
It is the most common drug consumed for pain.
Thus, it seems to be everywhere and is often hidden in the description of a product.
Taking too much Acetaminophen can cause severe liver damage, sometimes serious enough to require liver transplantation and even cause death.
Death is considered a serious side effect!
It is very easy for one to accidentally take too much Acetaminophen if one does not follow the directions on the prescription or package label carefully.
One can easily take more than one product that contains Acetaminophen while being often unaware that such a product even contains the dangerous Acetaminophen.
How to attempt to take Acetaminophen/Tylenol safely:
- One should not take more than one product that contains Acetaminophen at a time.
- One should read the labels of all the prescription and nonprescription medications one is taking to see if they contain Acetaminophen.
- One should be aware that abbreviations such as APAP, AC, Acetaminophen, Acetaminoph, Acetaminop, Acetamin, or Acetam may be written on the label in place of the word Acetaminophen.
- One should ask one’s doctor or pharmacist if one is unsure as to whether a medication contains Acetaminophen.
To help prevent the occurrence of dangerous side effects, the makers of Tylenol have lowered the maximum daily dose for single-ingredient Extra Strength TYLENOL® products sold in the U.S. from 8 pills per day (4,000 mg) to 6 pills per day (3,000 mg).
They have also changed the dosing interval from 2 pills every 4 – 6 hours to 2 pills every 6 hours.
Exceeding the Recommended Tylenol Dosage:
In case of overdose, one should get medical help right away or contact the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if no signs or symptoms are noticed.
Acetaminophen can have extremely serious side effects.
This is especially true if one takes more than the recommended amount.
It’s not even fully known how Acetaminophen works.
It doesn’t reduce swelling or inflammation.
It is thought that it blocks the release of certain chemicals in one’s brain that signal the sensation of pain.
Allergic Tylenol reactions include:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of one’s face, lips, throat, or tongue
- Severe itching
- Peeling or blistering skin
Severe Tylenol Liver Damage Includes:
Acetaminophen poisoning can happen from taking too much Acetaminophen.
One’s liver processes Acetaminophen and converts it into a different very dangerous irreversible substance.
If one takes large amounts of Acetaminophen, one’s liver produces more of this dangerous substance.
It is metabolized into a harmful by-product called NAPQI (which stands for N-acetyl-p-benzoquinoneimine) which cannot be reversed.
And when there is too much of it, this substance can damage one’s liver permanently.
One’s liver is vital for life.
Symptoms of Tylenol liver damage include:
- Yellowing of one’s skin or the whites of one’s eyes (jaundice)
- Pain in the upper right area of one’s abdomen
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Sweating more than usual
- Pale skin
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Dark or tea-colored urine
- Dark, tarry stools
If one suspects one has taken too much Acetaminophen or notices any of these symptoms, contact one’s poison control center or get medical help right away.
If one knows one has taken more than the recommended dosage of Acetaminophen, go to the nearest emergency room, even if one does not have any symptoms of liver damage.
Acetaminophen overuse is more common than one thinks.
That’s because Acetaminophen is a common ingredient in many different over-the-counter drugs.
Keep track of how much Acetaminophen one takes in one day.
This can decrease one’s risk of overuse.
One’s individual Acetaminophen limit may also be affected by one’s age or certain lifestyle habits.
Severe liver damage is more likely to occur in:
- Adults who take more than 3 g (3,000 mg) of Acetaminophen in a 24-hour period
- Children who take more than five doses in a 24-hour period
- People who already have liver disease, take other medications that can damage the liver, or drink three or more alcoholic drinks per day, even when they take Acetaminophen at the recommended dosage
For Children: Before giving Acetaminophen to one’s child, check the package label for instructions. Verify the dosage. The dosage for children is usually in a chart that is based on age and weight. One’s doctor or pharmacist can help one with the dosage if the package is unclear to you. If one’s child is younger than 2 years, talk to their doctor before giving them Acetaminophen. And never give a child Acetaminophen that is clearly marked for use only in adults.
HOW TO OBTAIN CURCUMIN
Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties.
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric.
It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
Turmeric can be taken as a popular food additive, primarily for the yellow color it imparts to food.
The bright yellow of mustard comes from Turmeric, and the spice is also often added to dried, packaged soups to give them a heartier appearance.
A combination of Turmeric and annatto is frequently used to color dairy products such as butter, cheese, and yogurt.
Supplementation of Curcumin is the only practical way for one to take advantage of its many benefits including when pain relief is desired.
Yes, I want to take advantage of the amazing benefits of Curcumin for pain relief!, then one should GET the outstanding LifeExtension Super Bio-Curcumin® 400 mg, 30 vegetarian capsules while on Super Sale.
In EUROPE Get the LifeExtension Super Bio-Curcumin® 400 mg, 30 vegetarian capsules here.
Curcumin has multiple health benefits.
This remarkable Turmeric extract helps to inhibit inflammation, supports immune system function, promotes cardiovascular health, and offers potent antioxidant protection.
But since Curcumin is very difficult to absorb, LifeExtension makes this Curcumin formula with the ultra-potent BCM-95® Bio-Curcumin® extract.
Benefits of Super Bio-Curcumin® at a Glance:
- Offers whole-body health benefits for nearly every organ system
- Up to seven times more absorbable than standard Curcumin
- Helps inhibit inflammatory factors in joints and vital organs
- Provides antioxidant protection
- Provides cardiovascular health benefits
- Supports the Immune system and
- Supports Bowel functions
More facts about Super Bio-Curcumin®:
Super Bio-Curcumin® contains ultra-potent BCM-95®, a Curcumin extract found to be up to seven times more absorbable than standard Curcumin in a clinical study. BCM-95® remains in the bloodstream longer as well: in this single-dose bioavailability study, BCM-95® absorbed earlier and retained longer than both standard Curcumin and a Curcumin-lecithin-piperine compound.
Health benefits of Super Bio-Curcumin®:
- Inhibits inflammation — Curcumin extract inhibits inflammatory factors like NF-kappaB, which can affect one’s joints. Curcumin also inhibits the metabolism of arachidonic acid, as well as the activities of cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase, and cytokines.
- Brain and immune system health — Curcumin extract promotes immune system health by inhibiting inflammatory factors in the body. Curcumin can also benefit one’s mind. Studies suggest that Curcumin supports healthy brain function and offers neuro-protective benefits.
- Digestive, joint, and pancreatic health — Evidence suggests that Curcumin helps promote healthy bowel function and joint health. Curcumin also supports healthy pancreatic function by encouraging pancreatic islet health.
- Antioxidant support — Curcumin provides antioxidant protection. Curcumin also promotes cardiovascular health by supporting healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range, helping to inhibit vascular inflammation and more.
SAFETY OF CURCUMIN
Curcumin is remarkably well tolerated.
It does not appear to be toxic to humans even at high doses.
No dose-limiting toxicities have been observed.
CURUMIN FOR ONE’S HEALTH REGIMEN
Knowledge of Curcumin and Pain Relief is necessary because everyone experiences pain and the other issues curcumin addresses as part of daily life, whether one is practicing The Best Keto diet for Beginners or otherwise.
Thus, one should choose a formula made with ultra-absorbable BCM-95® Bio-Curcumin®, because Curcumin safely supports the health of nearly every organ in one’s system.
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. No Statements herein are approved by the FDA.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS PLEASE
Please advise any comments and/or questions you have regarding this post.
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity.com site
Your e-Mail will be answered in a prompt manner.
Twitter: Ted at Twitter