WHY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
That “an apple a day keeps the Doctor away” reinforces the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily, as it is a well known saying with a much-proven history.
However, it needs to have added to it “if as a vinegar”, as the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily are undisputed.
Regarding what are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily, note that it has many health benefits that should not be overlooked for those on The Ketogenic Diet for Beginners or otherwise.
Further, the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily are quite compelling for many reasons including the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss.
Plus, Apple Cider Vinegar is Caveman Keto Friendly and it will not interfere with Intermittent Fasting on the Ketogenic Diet.
WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple Cider Vinegar is a derivative of Apples that is made in a two step fermentation process that usually takes a month. However, some manufacturers have greatly accelerated this process such that it takes only one day.
The process is as follows:
-First, apples are cut or crushed and combined with yeast to convert their sugar into alcohol.
-Second, bacteria is added to ferment the alcohol into acetic acid.
Note: Acetic Acid is the main active component of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Acetic Acid is an organic compound with a sour taste and strong odor. The term Acetic comes from acetum, which is the Latin word for vinegar.
About 5–6% of Apple Cider Vinegar consists of Acetic Acid.
Apple Cider Vinegar also contains water and trace amounts of other acids, such as malic acid.
One tablespoon (15 ml) of apple cider vinegar contains about three calories and virtually no carbohydrates.
The fact that it contains no carbs makes it Keto Friendly and able to be consumed without interfering with Intermittent Fasting on the Ketogenic Diet.
WHAT “WITH THE MOTHER” MEANS
Mother of Vinegar is a substance composed of a form of cellulose and acetic acid bacteria.
It develops upon fermenting alcoholic liquids, which turns alcohol into acetic acid with the help of oxygen from the air. It is added to wine, cider, or other alcoholic liquids to produce vinegar.
The “mother” contains beneficial health enzymes, minerals, and probiotics.
The best way to do an Apple Cider Vinegar detox is to use raw, unfiltered Apple Cider vinegar that still contains “the mother.”
HISTORY OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple Cider Vinegar has been used medicinally for thousands of years, dating back to 2,500BC.
Historically, it has been used for a variety of ailments, including mushroom poisoning, dandruff, and toothache.
The oldest fermentation process of all is that of wine, from which the first vinegars were made.
Vinegar is one of the oldest fermentation processes known to humankind.
Around 2500BC, an ancient nomadic tribe called the Aryans developed a soured apple wine, the forerunner of apple cider.
The name ‘cider’ derived from the Phoenician ‘shekar’ meaning wine or strong drink.
So, from the Babylonians to the Aryans to the Phoenicians, the soured apple wine recipe was passed to the Greeks and Romans.
They developed Apple Cider Vinegar as a by-product to their soured apple wines.
A dilution of Apple Cider Vinegar was taken by Ancient Persians to prevent the accumulation of fatty tissue in the body.
It was used to treat wounds on the battlefield in the US Civil War and World War I.
Japanese Samurai warriors drank it for strength and power.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DAILY
Whether one is interested in what are the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar in general, what are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily, or specifically interested in the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss , it is important to note that Apple Cider Vinegar has many and various benefits.
These benefits include but are not limited to:
– Causes Fat loss
– Lowers blood sugar levels:
– Decreases insulin levels
– Improves metabolism:
– Reduces belly and liver fat storage:
– Burns fat
– Suppresses appetite
– Improves the ability of the liver to take up sugar from the blood
– Improves ability of muscles to take up sugar from the blood
– Reduces absorption of starches – slows digestion
– Provides sensation of a full stomach
– Causes weight loss
– Improves blood sugar levels
– Provides relief from indigestion
– Decreases risk of heart disease
– Decreases risk of cancer
– Helps Lose Weight
– Helps lose Body Fat
– Reduces waist circumference
– Decreases triglycerides
– Lowers blood sugar and insulin
– Improves insulin sensitivity
– Lowers fasting blood sugar
– Decreases cholesterol levels
– Lowers blood pressure
– Kills harmful bacteria and viruses
– Enhances energy
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR SUPPLEMENTATION
The Recommended supplementation of Apple Cider Vinegar are:
– 2 tsp at a time spread out 2-3 times per day, or
– 4 tsp once per day
For maximum results, it is best to spread the Apple Cider Vinegar out into 2–3 doses throughout the day, and it is best to drink it before meals.
There are a few ways to include Apple Cider Vinegar in one’s diet which are:
– For salad dressing an easy method is to combine it with olive oil as a salad dressing,
– For pickling vegetables, and
– For drinking by simply adding to one’s drinking water and best to drink before meals. It’s also best to start off with 1 teaspoon (5 ml) to see how you tolerate it.
The Apple Cider Vinegar Product of choice which is the gold standard for Apple Cider Vinegar that one should GET and take is:
Bragg USDA Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, with The Mother
About the product:
– Certified Organic Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity, and contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar.
– Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is organically grown, processed and bottled in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990; and is also Kosher Certified.
– It’s a wholesome way to add delicious, light flavor to most foods. Gluten Free and Non-GMO Certified.
Supplementing Notes of Caution:
– When taking orally, It’s important to mix Apple Cider Vinegar with water, as undiluted vinegar may burn the inside of your mouth and esophagus,
– Undiluted vinegar may damage tooth enamel, and it should not be used to whiten teeth, and
– Although taking Apple Cider Vinegar in tablet form may seem beneficial, it comes with potentially large risks as throat burns could occur.
THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ADVANTAGE
The health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily consumption are very clear.
When one investigates what are the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar daily, one quickly learns that the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss is only the tip of the iceberg.
Apple Cider Vinegar can provide many huge benefits for one’s Health and Longevity whether one is following The Ketogenic For Health and Longevity or otherwise.
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. Nothing herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS PLEASE
Please advise below any comments and/or questions you have regarding this post.
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity site