WHAT IS VITAMIN B1?
Vitamin B1 is the top vitamin B for Mosquito repellent as well as Bug repellency for those on the Ketogenic Diet or otherwise..
Thus, it accomplishes the repelling of insects in general.
In addition to the disease prevention attributes for the West Nile and Kissing Bug Insect diseases, it has many other beneficial health benefits.
Vitamin B1, also known as Thiamin or Thiamine, among other things enables the body to use carbohydrates as energy.
It is essential for glucose metabolism, and it plays a key role in nerve, muscle, and heart function.
Vitamin B1 is a water-soluble vitamin, as are all vitamins of the Vitamin B complex.
Vitamins are classified according to the materials they are dissolved in.
Some dissolve in water, and others dissolve in fat. Water-soluble vitamins are carried through the bloodstream. Whatever the body does not use is eliminated in urine.
B1 is an essential micronutrient, which cannot be made in the body.
B1 is required for metabolism including that of glucose, amino acids, and lipids.
Vitamin B1 is a water-soluble vitamin, as are all vitamins of the B complex.
The huge health benefits of vitamin B1, as to what it offers to one enjoying The Ketogenic Diet for Beginners or otherwise, should be embraced.
HISTORY AND USAGE OF B1
B1 was discovered in 1897.
It was the first vitamin to be isolated in 1926, and it was the first made in 1936.
In the 1890’s Eijkman discovered that rice bran contained B1 (thiamin).
Prior to his discovery an epidemic of Beriberi, a B1 deficiency, resulted in the lives of many being lost This occurred as a result of a lack of B1 in the diet.
This occurrence was especially prevalent in Asia as a result of rice being polished which resulted in B1 being removed from the rice.
WHY IS VITAMIN B1 IMPORTANT AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Vitamin B1 has the benefit of both disease prevention and health enhancement, such that the health benefits of vitamin B1 are quite impressive.
These benefits are:
-1. Disease Prevention, especially from the West Nile and Kissing Bug diseases.
Vitamin B1 is the Top Vitamin B For Mosquito Repellent as well as all insects including bugs.
Prevention is very important since prevention is better than looking for a cure for mosquito bites.
As they say, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
Prevention results in one not receiving an Insect bite in the first place.
Rather than having to use Colloidal Silver to combat and treat both of these diseases as described in both the How To Treat West Nile Virus and Treating Kissing Bug Disease posts, one can just simply prevent oneself from being bitten by these deadly disease-carrying Insects in the first place.
To benefit from B1’s insect-repelling action, higher doses must be supplemented to ensure that there will be excessive amounts of B1 to eliminate bites by moving through one’s skin.
For Insects, including Mosquito and Bug repellency, It is recommended to take Vitamin B1 at a dosage of 100 mg per day.
This should to be done two weeks in advance of being exposed to such insects.
After two weeks of supplementation, the result will be that one will not have the so-called “sweet blood” that the mosquitos, bugs and other insects are attracted by and love, and which will be rejected by the B1.
– 2. Health Benefits
Vitamin B1 has many outstanding Health Benefits in addition to disease prevention by mosquito bites.
The health benefits of B1 include but are not limited to:
– Helping the body’s cells change carbohydrates into energy. The main role of carbohydrates is to provide energy for the body, especially the brain and nervous system,
– Playing a role in muscle contraction and conduction of nerve signal,
– Being used to treat Beriberi which is a serious health condition caused by prolonged lack of vitamin B1,
– Being a unique nutrient that plays an integral role in the brain and central nervous system,
– Being important for the synthesis of acetylcholine, which is critical in preventing memory loss and nerve inflammation,
– Being important for the repair and prevention of any impairment of nerve function,
– Facilitating proper digestion,
– B1 assists in the production of hydrochloric acid (stomach acid), which is vital to the proper breakdown and assimilation of food,
– Helping maintain muscle tone in the intestines and stomach, prevents constipation and plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, and
– Providing nourishment for all digestive organs helps one to get maximum nutrition from one’s food and regulates appetite.
SYMPTOMS OF B1 DEFICIENCY
B1, when deficient, has many adverse symptoms.
Symptoms of B1 deficiency include:
– Loss of reflexes,
– Peripheral paralysis or numbness in the extremities,
– Presence of diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis,
– Presence of Restless Leg Syndrome,
– Presence of nervous energy as one can’t relax,
– Having edema in the calf,
– Having numbness/tingling in hands and feet,
– Problems with heart rate,
– Retention of lactic acid,
– Having seasickness,
– Having nightmares.
– Presence of air hunger…can’t get enough air,
– Presence of Beriberi, a condition that features problems with the peripheral nerves and wasting,
– Presence of Weight loss,
– Presence of anorexia can develop,
-Presence of mental problems, including confusion and short-term memory loss,
– Muscles may become weak,
– Exhibiting cardiovascular symptoms, and
– Presence of an enlarged heart.
CAUSES OF B1 DEFICIENCY
There are a number of causes for B1 deficiency.
Some of the causes of B1 deficiency are:
– Excessive Sugar consumption,
– Excessive Alcohol consumption, Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome is a disorder that affects people with chronic alcoholism. It is linked to a lack of thiamin, and it can be fatal if not treated,
– Liver damage,
– Excessive Caffeine,
– Birth control pills,
– Anti acids,
– Poor diet,
– Pregnancy morning sickness,
– Bariatric surgery,
– Patients with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome and those who are withdrawing from alcohol may receive thiamin injections to help them recover, and
– Other diseases, such as HIV, can reduce the absorption of nutrients, and this can lead to a deficiency of vitamin B1.
BENEFICIAL EFFECTS of B1 SUPPLEMENTATION
B1 supplementation helps prevent complications in the nervous system, brain, muscles, heart, stomach, and intestines.
It is also involved in the flow of electrolytes into and out of muscle and nerve cells, and
Vitamin B1, thiamin, or thiamine, enables the body to use carbohydrates as energy. It is essential for glucose metabolism, and it plays a key role in nerve, muscle, and heart function.
MEDICAL USES OF VITAMIN B1
Vitamin B1 is often used Medically.
Patients who may receive thiamin to treat low levels of vitamin B1 include those with:
– Peripheral Neuritis, which is an Inflammation of the nerves outside the brain, or pellagra,
– Ulcerative colitis,
– Persistent diarrhea, and poor appetite,
– Canker sores,
– Glaucoma and other vision problems,
– Cerebellar syndrome, a type of brain damage,
– Cervical cancer,
– Diabetic pain,
– Heart disease,
– Kidney disease in patients with Type 2 Diabetes,
– Type 2 Diabetes,
– Motion sickness, and
– Weakened Immune system.
SUPPLEMENTATION OF B1
Fortunately, supplementation of the B1 vitamin is quite simple for one to accomplish.
One can depend on, should GET and supplement with the Premier B1 Vitamin Supplement which is The LifeExtension Benfotiamine with Thiamine (B-1), 100 mg, 120 vegetarian capsules and ADD TO CART.
This product containing Benfotiamine is a fat-soluble form of B1 and can easily penetrate into the inside of cells! Whereas, normal B1 is only water soluble. This is a fat-soluble form of vitamin B1 (thiamine) that supports healthy blood sugar metabolism and helps protect the body’s tissues against advanced glycation end products and oxidative stress.
It is more bioavailable than the water-soluble form of B1, which makes sure that one enjoys the health benefits of Vitamin B1.
For example, the enzyme transketolase is critical to blood sugar metabolism. Like many enzymes, transketolase requires a co-factor. In this case, it needs assistance from thiamine. Unfortunately, thiamine is water-soluble, which makes it less available to the interior of the cell. Benfotiamine is fat-soluble and can easily penetrate into the inside of cells. It is also more bioavailable than the water-soluble thiamine.
In a landmark study, benfotiamine effectively increased transketolase activity in cell cultures by an astounding 300%, compared to a mere 20% for just thiamine. This robust activation was sufficient to block three of the four major metabolic pathways leading to blood vessel damage.
Benfotiamine also blocks the activation of the transcription factor known as nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kB), which is implicated in numerous Inflammatory conditions.
Overall, benfotiamine can activate glucose metabolism and promote healthy blood glucose levels in those already within a normal range. Benfotiamine also helps maintain healthy endothelial function. Benfotiamine with Thiamine is a low-cost dietary supplement.
This outstanding supplement can, but is not limited to, helping:
-Maintain normal blood sugar levels,
-The health of the nerves,
– The kidneys,
– The eyes,
– The blood vessels, and
– The heart.
Dosage and Use: Take one (1) capsule four times daily with or without food,
Interactions with Medications: Evidence does not confirm any harm from too much vitamin B1.
WHY VITAMIN B1?
With B1 being both the top Vitamin B for Mosquito Repellent, for West Nile/Kissing Bug Prevention, and for also having the ability to provide many Health Benefits, one needs to pay attention to the great value that Vitamin B1 offers.
The simplicity of boosting one’s B1 level in relation to the huge health benefits that vitamin B1 provides to one’s Health and Longevity cannot be overstated for those enjoying The Ketogenic diet for Health and Longevity, or otherwise.
This is not Medical Advice. Nothing herein this article should be considered or used as any personal medical advice, and one should always consult with one’s personal Doctor before making any changes in one’s diet, routine or following any information given, suggested or provided herein. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Nothing herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS PLEASE
Please advise below any comments and/or questions you have regarding this post.
Also, what additional topics or subjects would you like to have covered in a future post?
Ted, Founder of this Keto-Longevity.com site